The easiest way to stick to any diet is to eat meals that you crave, and that is also simple to prepare. Preparing your meals for the week is one of the most important aspects of sticking to the already challenging keto diet.
Since this diet is one of the most difficult to adapt to, eating meals you enjoy is a simple way to make your weight loss journey even more achievable. meal planning may be the secret to an effective keto diet.
We’d like to introduce some of our popular keto meals with you, all of which are simple to make and will help you stay on course. Here are a few of our favorite keto diet recipes, and they’re as delicious as you’d expect!
Let’s start with a recipe that is perfect for a flavorful breakfast meal.
Recipe 1: Coconut Flour Pancakes
This recipe takes 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 1/2 cup (50g) coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 organic, pasture-raised eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (the thick part of canned coconut cream, unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- Add all ingredients except the ghee to your high-powered blender and blend until well blended.
- Then, in a medium skillet, melt enough ghee to coat the pan over medium heat. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the skillet until it has reached temperature. Cook until golden brown on one side, then turn and cook until golden brown on the other side (note: Thicker pancakes will take longer to cook). Continue in this manner until all of the batters have been used.
- Serve soft coconut flour pancakes with grass-fed ghee, berries, or other keto-friendly toppings.
Now that we have our keto-friendly breakfast recipe, it’s time to introduce you to one of our hearty meals straight from Mexican cuisine.
Recipe 2: Keto Mexican Shredded Beef
The slow cooker is used for this recipe. It also provides you with a versatile protein that you can use as a salad topping, in a wrap, or on its own.
This recipe will take approximately 7.5 hours to prepare since it is slow cooked all day.
- 3 1/2 pounds pastured beef short ribs or beef shank
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cilantro stems, coarsely chopped
- Optional: 4 cloves of garlic (crushed), 1 teaspoon chipotle powder, and 2 teaspoons paprika
- Using a small bowl, combine your dry ingredients.
- Then add short ribs to the slow cooker. Lightly coat each piece in your spice mix.
- Next, sprinkle the cilantro stems and garlic over the ribs. Add water without rinsing spices off the meat.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, until the meat falls apart. Check the meat at 6 hours and cook longer if it is not tender enough.
- If desired, drain liquid into a small saucepan and reduce for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Return liquid to the crockpot. Using two forks, pull the meat apart and shred the beef.
- Serve hot with guacamole, silverbeet leaves as a taco, roasted pumpkin, cucumbers, green beans, and fresh cilantro.
There are a few of our favorite keto recipes that will help you stay on board with your keto diet, now let’s try something Oriental for our next recipes.
For starters, let’s kick it with a nice warm bowl of warm broth to stimulate your tummy.
Recipe 3: Slow Cooked Seafood Ramen
- 64 oz broth (seafood, vegetable, or chicken)
- 4–6 oz ramen
- 1 lb seafood
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 lb tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place all the ingredients but the seafood, kale, and ramen into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on high 2 to 3 hours or low 4 to 6 hours.
- Then add the seafood, kale & ramen. Slow cook for an additional 15 to 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 250 calories, 2.7 g fat (0.3 g sat), 29.5 g protein, 27 g carb, 2588.3 mg sodium, 3.9 g sugars, 1.7 g fiber
Now, if after a warm bowl of ramen you are looking for something sweet and savory then you have to try this next recipe.
Recipe 4: Slow Grilled Chinese Char Siu Chicken
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup organic ketchup
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 tbsp beet powder
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp gluten-free hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Cooking oil spray
- In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, ketchup, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, beet powder, five-spice powder, hoisin sauce, pepper, and salt.
- Then add the chicken and toss well. Be sure to coat all the pieces well; cover and refrigerate for two days to marinate.
- Heat your grill. Be sure to spray cooking oil on grates. Then grill chicken until cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
Per serving: 328 calories, 8 g fat (2 g sat), 38 g protein, 25 g carb, 845 mg sodium, 24 g sugars, 1 g fiber
I’m pretty sure by now you are excited to try these new recipes that you have learned, but wait, there’s more.
If you love fried foods, but do not love what fried foods do to your waistline, there’s a way around that. How is it possible you ask? Then you better check these recipes.
Recipe 5: Air Fried Chicken Wings
Yes! Air Fryer, It’s a quick and easy way to make dishes with the fried texture and flavor you want without the calories because of it’s little to no use of oil at all.
- 2 lb. fresh chicken wings patted dry and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup your favorite wing sauce
- Preheat your air fryer to 360°F
- Place half of the chicken wings in the fryer basket. Cook 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the skin on the wings is golden brown and crispy. Make sure to toss the wings in the basket 3-4 times during cooking. Transfer the wings to a bowl, and add half the wing sauce. Toss to coat. Repeat with the other half of the wings and serve while hot.
And if you want to enjoy a healthy snack while watching a film with your loved ones.
Recipe 5: Air Fried Potatoes
- 2 russet potatoes (peeled if you like) and cut into long slices
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- For seasoning: garlic salt or seasoned salt
- Put the potato slices in a bowl and cover with ice water for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360°F.
- Drain and rinse the potatoes. Dry thoroughly then toss with cooking oil to lightly coat
- Place half of the potatoes in the fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes, then increase the temperature to 400°F. Shake several times during cooking and continue until the potatoes are tender on the inside and golden brown on the outside. This should take about 12-15 minutes. When the fries are cooked, toss them in your seasoning and repeat with the second half.
The Bottom Line
These are the simple recipes you’ll want to make again and again. There’s something for everyone with this collection of nutritious, simple, vegetarian, chicken, and keto-friendly recipes.